A LETTER FROM MS. LINDA
Dear BPS Family,
I hope all of you are staying healthy and taking this social distancing very seriously. I write this message after a lot of thought and much deliberation with our team. We want to make sure that you and your families stay healthy both physically and mentally during these uncertain times.
As things continue to progress and our elected officials continue to monitor COVID-19, we have decided to prepare our team to give Online Video Lessons to any and all students who feel more comfortable with this alternative. Rather than going to our physical location, we will be offering students the opportunity to learn remotely from their own homes.
We want to ensure that our students continue to receive instruction and remain with some stability in their daily routines. Similarly, we want our instructors to continue to receive pay and be able to equip themselves with the supplies they need to prepare for this pandemic. We wholeheartedly ask that you finish out your semester, but we also want you to do what is best for you and your family.
I strongly believe that in these chaotic and unstable times, our students need music and art and the ability to express themselves. There is no greater fuel for creativity than boredom. We continue to try and provide the best music education and with this new challenge, we know we will rise up...
Should you consider switching to Online Video Lessons, we ask the following:
1. Students between the ages of 4 and 8 years old should have a parent or guardian sit in during the entire lesson.
2. A quiet, well-lit, non-distracting space that will allow the student to focus and be engaged.
3. Ensure that your home has a strong internet connection that will minimize lagging or any other unforeseen delays.
4. A smart device bigger than a phone (tablets, laptops, etc.).
5. An extension cord should you need to plug in your device OR a completely charged device.
6. All your music supplies, books, and pieces.
7. A positive and creative attitude to adapt to this change.
We will be posting our Skype, Facetime, and Zoom usernames in the following days for those who will be taking lessons remotely. We want to thank you for your understating and flexibility with this matter. I am confident that we will finish the semester strong and I am confident in our tremendous and talented team.
You are OUR family. We couldn’t do this without you and are so grateful to the many people who have reached out to make us feel loved and a little less alone in these uncertain times. We will get through this together.